Here are some tips on how to make your business stand out in a crowded marketplace.
1. Ask your customers what they want from you, on a regular basis.
2. Be consistent in your branding.
3. Educate prospective customers about your products / services. You can do this by offering them helpful, useful and interesting information. For example, create buyer's guides, dos and don'ts lists and tips and hints lists.
4. Research the competition. Find out about their products / services, what their key messages are and how they position themselves.
5. What could you offer that they don't?
6. Brainstorm this.
7. Could you offer (for example): faster delivery, better service, enhanced guarantees, flexible financial terms, more convenience, additional services?
Differentiation is one of the key aspects of marketing strategy that we discuss within my marketing mastermind group, The Marketing Compass.
I wish you all the best with your marketing!
***** Marketing consultant, author and speaker *****