(Here is an article from my next Compass Points newsletter)
The ABC of branding:
A. Customers buy from businesses they trust.
B. A brand helps to create trust.
C. Are you building your brand?
A BRAND = A PROMISE
Building a trusted brand name = a key objective.
Strong brands create communities of customers, i.e. Nike, Apple, Starbucks and Lego. You can use the same principles and apply them to your business.
Here are some things for you to think about:
1. What are your values? For example, integrity, service, helpfulness.
2. What do you want people to say about you?
3. Do you have a professionally produced logo?
4. Do you have a professionally produced website?
5. Are you communicating regularly with contacts, customers and the media?
Are you developing 'brand me'? If that's a "Yes", what words would automatically be associated with your name? (For example, 'Nigel Temple' / 'marketing').
You can build your personal brand by giving talks, posting blogs and writing articles.
Be quick to respond and be generous with feedback and advice.
Do you have up-to-date photographs of yourself? (If not, talk to John Cassidy).
Be active in social media circles, i.e. Twitter, LinkedIn, Ecademy, Facebook. (The time to build your network is now!)
Once you've established a brand name:
- You will attract more customers
- They will be happy to pay higher prices
- Your business will be worth more
All the best with your marketing!
Founder of: www.themarketingcompass.com