Thursday 21 June 2007

How many ways do you promote your business?

I wonder how many ways you use to promote your business? So far, I have found 254 promotional techniques, which I have divided into 29 categories, including: * Advertising * Direct Mail * Events * Internet marketing * Media relations * Networking * Word of mouth.

Each category subdivides. For example, Internet marketing includes affiliate programmes, article directories, banner ads, blogging, e-books, email newsletters, Pay Per Click and Search Engine Optimisation (SEO).

During my seminars, I ask the audience to list the number of promotional techniques they use. For solo professionals and micro SMEs the average is four. For established SMEs it raises to eight. Corporates will use dozens.

I suggest that you consider increasing the number of ways in which you promote your enterprise. This will mean that you are 'spreading your bets'. You will also attract more customers.

Interestingly, the free / low cost techniques work best. This is because they aren't powered by money. They are powered by information and attraction.

If you would like to discuss how to do this, by all means get in touch with me.

All the best,
Nigel
www.nigeltemple.com

Tel: 01628 773128
International: +44 1628 773128
Email: nigel@nigeltemple.com



No comments: